Structure of MSc studies
Structure of MSc studies
All courses and the Master Thesis are conducted in English.The duration of MSc studies is 24 months, full-time, as follows:
- Students necessarily follow the first group of courses (Introduction to Management, Marketing and Crop Experimentation) and choose three of the following four groups.
- Students may choose, during the first 12 months, three courses. In the next 12 months, they will select one course and prepare their MSc thesis.
- Students are required to participate in activities of Research Laboratories of TEI Crete in a rotation manner during the first year. This includes 24h of work per week. The second year students will spend this time in the laboratory doing their research thesis.
- According to the procedure and training philosophy, each student follows a well-recorded education process assisted by appropriate textbooks and other educational material. An Education Consultant (EC) is intended to guide and support each student and its self-education process, including answering questions and thesis corrections.
Table of Structure and Course Credits for MSc (ECTS)
|1st course (Compulsory)||Introduction to
Marketing and Crop
|2nd course (Selective)||Plant Protection||15|
|3rd course (Selective)
|4th course (Selective)||Innovation in
|5th course (Selective)||Biotechnology and
- Each academic year develops in parallel with that of undergraduate studies, following the same start-end dates, holidays and vacations. The examination process takes place at the end of each year (usually at the end of June and the repeat examination period at the end of July).
- The Master Thesis (30 ECTS) will be established at the Research Laboratories of the Department of Agriculture, TEI of Crete at Heraklion, or in cooperated Departments. Each thesis is assessed by a three-member inquiry committee.The sections and the thesis correspond to 90 ECTS.
- The presence of students in any counseling and laboratory sessions, as well as the employment in Laboratories is mandatory.
- In order to have the possibility to participate in the examination, students should have completed all tasks and take as a number of points at least 15.After the end of the exam, the mentors of each section submit a final score, which is calculated by 40% from the level of three (3) homeworks and 60% from the final exam, with the obligation of the student to have passed the final exam.Students who fail the first test will be able to review a month later.In case they do not achieve a passing grade in both tests but have passed the work may, a year later, re-give examinations only by paying the corresponding fees.In case they fail for the second time in both examination periods, they are automatically discharged from the master program. However, they may bring an objection to their deletion of the program that will be examined by the Committee.
- One year of study withdrawal, for serious reasons is possible after a student's request and suggestion by the Committee. During the suspension time, all the rights of the graduate student are removed and this time is not counted in the total study time.
For all other issues that may arise and are not provided by this Study Guide or the corresponding Guide of TEI of Crete, the Committee is responsible in order to take a decision.