A Memorandum of Understanding was signed by the Hellenic Mediterranean University (HMU) and Grant Thornton, aiming to undertake initiatives and plan actions for the vocational training of students and graduates as well as to support the academic research for the benefit of the local community of Crete.
The ratification of the Memorandum took place on Thursday, January 26th, 2023 at the Conference Room of the Rectorate. The Hellenic Mediterranean University was represented by the Rector Nikos Katsarakis, the Vice Rector for Research and Innovation Thanasis Malamos, the Vice Rector for Finance, Planning and Development Nikos Vidakis, the President of the Department of Business Administration and Tourism Eirini Dimou, the President of the Department of Accounting and Finance Ioannis Chatziantoniou and the Assistant Professor of the Department of Business Administration and Tourism and Former Academic Director of Career & Liaison Office Markos Kourgiantakis.
Grant Thornton was represented by Emmanuel Diamantoulakis, Senior Partner of Grant Thornton and Head of the Crete office, Konstantinos Antonakakis, Assurance Partner, Konstantinos Kanakarakis, Assurance Partner, Nikolaos Diamantoulakis, Assurance Director and Maria Maniadi, Assurance Supervisor.
In particular, the two parties agreed on the establishment of a framework for cooperation between them, which would include the following actions:
• The improvement of knowledge and skills of human resources in accounting/finance/ auditing and business administration in general.
• Participation in counseling activities for students and graduates of the University.
• The development and implementation of innovative actions for the benefit of the development of the local labor market.
• The acquisition of work experience (internship) by the undergraduate and postgraduate students of the University
• The exchange of data for research conduct by both parties
• The exchange of views/information related to modern educational needs and to global labor market.
It is estimated that valuable synergies will be developed for both parts with multiplier and measurable results in the field of regional and local development, which will contribute to the upgrading of the business operation of the Local Government and the improvement of the quality of life of the citizens.